Saturday, June 21, 2008

Only a Kid . . .




Sorry it's been awhile, things have been busy here in South Africa. But I wanted to take a moment and share a funny story about one of the kids here. Every week Tre and I get to go with the interns to the local orphanage. It's definitely a highlight of our week. Tre has befriended a young boy named Lunga. Now, Lunga is a rambunctious boy who is everywhere and gets into everything. This particular afternoon, Lunga ran up to Tre with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, similar to a dog, and drool was going everywhere! We couldn't figure out what he was doing. Then, Tre had remembered that earlier a few kids found a bottle of seasoning and of course shook it everywhere, some even landed on a slide. So Tre asked him if he licked the slide. As the boy nodded, Tre and I couldn't help but laugh. Only a kid would be curious enough to actually lick a slide!! Tre took him inside to get a drink, and then he was back to normal; running and playing around. We may never know the difference one afternoon will make in these kids lives. We only pray that our presence will give them a glimpse of the love that God has for them. I would have to say that this orphanage is full of love, as it is set up like a big family. The kids are very happy and enjoy hanging out with each other.

4 comments:

Andy Lovell said...

Bri and I read this and laughed. : ) we also laughed at how you spelt drool. haha we're dorks.. we know. lol... We love and miss you guys and know what you must mean to those kids! Love yall!

Andy Lovell

Soon to be Hyland's said...

That is so cute! Are you sure they didn't get into Tre's hot sauce? Lol. Well....i hope you guys are having a great time. I miss you and love you!

BJ said...

Lunga does remind me of some of my curious 8th graders..I love you both, Dad

A. Sloan said...

Granny and KK finally told my about the blog...I have been thinking about you two a lot. Now I have finally caught up on all of your adventures. We love you both!